An Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS), also called Drone, is an aircraft without human pilot onboard and is controlled by an operator from the ground. To operate a UAS (Drone) for commercial purposes, a Remote Pilot Certificate is required. When applying for a Remote Pilot Certificate, applicants who do not meet the requirements of holding a 14 CFR Part 61 pilot certificate, must successfully pass the Unmanned Aircraft General – small (UAG) FAA remote pilot Airmen knowledge test in accordance with 14 CFR Part 107.
Our one day accelerated course will cover the required subjects and help you pass the FAA knowledge test successfully.
Subjects covered include:
- Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
- Airspace classification, operating requirements, and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation
- Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance
- Small unmanned aircraft loading
- Emergency procedures
- Crew resource management
- Radio communication procedures
- Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft
- Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making and judgment
- Airport operations
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
Minimum requirements to obtain a Remote Pilot Certification are:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand English (exceptions may be made if the person is unable to meet one of these requirements for a medical reason, such as hearing impairment)
- Be in a physical and mental condition to safely operate a small UAS
- Pass the initial aeronautical knowledge exam at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center
The Unmanned aircraft must weight less than 55 pounds, including payload at takeoff under CFR 14 Part 107.
If you would like additional information on course price and relevant details , please contact us.
Avel Flight School in Chicago, Illinois, USA offers a range of flight training programs. If you are looking for the best Flight Training in Chicago, Illinois, USA or Pilot School or Pilot Training, you have come to the right place.