Shipping with DHL
We use DHL to ship internationally for I-20 documents or student logbooks.
You will need the following information from the student, much of which you can find on the application form:
- Full Name
- Residential Shipping Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
For I-20 Documents:
Once a student has confirmed their I-20 and Letter of Admission documents are correct, we submit their information and print out their hard copies for shipping. Make sure that everything has been signed before shipping.
- DHL Envelopes are kept in the bottom drawer of the manager cabinet, with extras in the storage room. When stocks run low, be sure to call DHL and ask for them to deliver more envelopes with the plastic slots on the back.
- Log into our DHL account using the log-in information on our passwords document. https://pscship.rocksolidinternet.com
- Click on the “Ship” tab located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- The “Sender” info will always remain the same. It should be mailed from the manager and have Avel Flight School’s address below (3N040 Powis Rd, West Chicago, IL 60185)
- Enter the student info into the details for “Receiver”. Make sure that the “Residential” box is checked.
PLEASE NOTE that most international addresses are too long to fit entirely on address line 1 and will give an error.
If it is too long, please split the address into address lines 2 and 3 as needed. If you are still getting an error that it is too long, try to shorten where you can. (i.e. Rd instead of Road…etc.) There may be instances where a student does not have a zip code, see the example below.
- Once these steps are done, you must select the service and choose Intl Express.
- The next tab is to select the package. We use DHL express envelopes, so please choose this one.
- Next, fill out the details as follows:
- Refer to the “Total” located on the right side of the page and click SHIP. If there is no total, there may be errors with the student address.
- Print the express envelope label and carefully insert in the in the plastic slip on the back of the DHL envelope and place it on the dispatch counter for the courier to pick up.
- Click on “Schedule Pickup” and enter the school information for the courier.
- After this has been done, copy the tracking number and enter it into the student’s email labeled, “DHL Tracking Details” located in the “Follow up email after enrollment” section in our email.
- Using this template, enter the students name, tracking number, and a copy of their I-20 and Letter of Admission so that they can use this to book their visa appointment and send.