The Airline Dispatcher also known as Flight Dispatcher or flight operations officer is one of the best paid and exciting jobs in the aviation industry. Every airline requires aircraft dispatchers just as much as pilots for flight operations. With an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, the career opportunities open up worldwide!
Upon graduation from Avel Flight School and acquiring your FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, you will be ready to work in an airline, sharing command decisions with an airline captain.
Some of the responsibilities and job description of a Flight Dispatcher are:
- Responsible for planning and monitoring the progress of a flight journey
- Dispatcher is legally responsible for the safety of a flight along with the pilot in command
- Has the authority to delay, divert or cancel a flight
- Most commercial operations require both the flight dispatcher and pilot in command combined to authorize and release a flight
- A flight dispatcher is required to demonstrate extensive knowledge of aviation comparable to the Captain of an aircraft holding an Airline Transport Pilot License, which is the highest pilot license achievable.
This excellent career can pay over 100,000 USD a year with the right qualification and experience.
For more information on Responsibilities and Job Description of Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher, please watch videos below.
- Be at least 21 years to be eligible to take the Aircraft Dispatcher Knowledge test and be able to complete the course.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language fluently.
The FAA Aircraft dispatcher course contains the same syllabus and subjects covered in the Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL). One must keep in mind when pilots train they have over 2 years from the commencement of flight training to achieving an ATPL. Whereas, all this theory is compressed into a course with a minimum of 200 hours in a very short time. This course has a steep learning curve from start to finish and requires dedication and commitment for course completion. This course is not suitable for procrastinators.
The FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Course consists of a minimum of 200 hours of Ground School.
All course options require passing the FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Knowledge Test and a Practical Exam with an FAA Designated Aircraft Dispatcher Examiner (DADE).
FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Knowledge Test must be successfully completed no later than end of week 2 of ground school for all options.
Graduation from this course in all options requires students to pass the end of course evaluation and exceed FAA Practical Test Standards before taking a practical exam with a DADE.
Two option are available for this course:
Option 1: is comprised of online and 4 weeks in classroom ground school at DuPage Airport, Chicago, USA.
It may be possible to reduce this 4 week course duration if:
- the student has extensive aviation experience, meets FAR Part 65.57 and / or FAR Part 65.61(d) or
- has current FAA pilot licenses and ratings or
- airline employees who meet either of the above
If this applies to you please contact us further information.
Option 2: is for VA students. Please contact us for further VA course information.
Other Vocational School
UNIQUE FEATURES WE OFFER:
For your Job Interview Preparation: After passing the FAA practical exam and becoming an FAA Certified Aircraft Dispatcher, you are welcome to come back to our school and attend our course for FREE any time you need review of the subjects for interview preparation.
Option to complete on next batch: After completing your classroom ground school, in the unlikely event that you have not been able to pass the end of course evaluation, we will give you the opportunity to attend the last 2 weeks of the following batch of ground school for FREE.
This will offer you an additional chance to review and pass the end of course evaluation after which you can take your practical examination with a DADE. Any further ground school required beyond this will incur additional charges.
Please contact us for more information.
Start Dates for 2020:*
*Batch availability and dates may vary based on enrollment.
Please go through our webpages for additional important information:
- Admission procedures: http://www.avelflightschool.com/admission-procedure/
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions): http://www.avelflightschool.com/international/
LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT OUR COURSE PREPARES YOU FOR.
SEE WHAT THE MAJOR AIRLINES SAY ABOUT THE ROLE OF AN AIRCRAFT / FLIGHT DISPATCHER.
Flight Options on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
Delta Airlines on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
United Airlines on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
KLM Airlines on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
Avel Flight School in Chicago, Illinois offers a range of flight training programs. If you are looking for the best Flight Dispatcher School or Aircraft Dispatcher School, you have come to the right place.Avel Flight School is located at Chicago’s DuPage Airport, USA