The Multi Engine Instructor (MEI) Rating is an FAA qualification required to train pilots for the Multi Engine Rating. A Multi Engine Rating is required to fly an aircraft with more than one engine. Since majority of the commercial flying is done on multi engine aircraft, the Multi Engine Rating is essential for a professional pilot. MEIs are authorized to give endorsements and flight reviews related to the Multi Engine Rating.
Minimum requirements to obtain a Multi Engine Instructor Instrument Rating are:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language fluently.
- Hold a Commercial Pilot License with a Multi Engine Rating.
- Obtain at least a third class medical certificate from an Aviation Medical Examiner
- Pass the Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI) written examination.
- Pass a computerized aeronautical knowledge test
- Accumulate and log a specified amount of training and experience under Part 61, Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) section 61.187.
- Pass an oral test and flight test administered by an FAA inspector or designated examiner
Course Duration: 4 weeks*
* Subject to flying weather availability and student aptitude
If you would like additional information on course price and relevant details, please contact us.
Avel Flight School in Chicago, Illinois, USA offers a range of flight training programs. If you are looking for the best Flight Training in Chicago, Illinois, USA or Pilot School or Pilot Training, you have come to the right place.