Schedule Pointe Lesson Grading
Instructors will now be able to grade lessons directly from schedule pointe.
Please keep in mind that for the time being, you must also log and grade a student in their hard-copy of their syllabus.
- First, you must create a unique pin number on your profile. This pin number will be used by Instructors to grade a student’s lesson. This pin number is the equivalent of your signature/ sign/ initial, used on student training records. Therefore, this must be kept confidential.
- Click on the “Profile” button in the upper right-hand corner of your home screen. This icon resembles the shape of a person’s head.
- On this page, click on the tab labeled “Sign On”
- You can now see your sign-on info. You will have to enter your password in order to create a new pin. The pin will need to be a unique 4-digit number. Please do not share your pin with anyone else. Once you are done filling out this information, click “Save” in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- You must first dispatch your flight as normal
- Once the flight has been dispatched, you need to grade it as you would do on your hard copy of the student’s flight training record. Click on the “Curriculum” tab at the top of your screen, followed by “My Dashboard”.
- You can now view your assigned student pilots. In order to grade your student pilot, you must click on the logbook icon next to their name.
- You can now view your student’s logbook. Logs that are orange have not yet been graded. Select the logbook entry for the flight that they just completed with you.
- You will be prompted with a screen to edit their logbook entry. This is a great place to enter any extra information about the flight. Once this has been completed, you will click “Save & Grade Lesson”.
- Grade each lesson task. This is a great time to add any notes to the student’s performance of each task. Each task must be graded. To complete a task, a student must have a minimum grade of 3 or above. If a grade of 1 or 2 is given, this task requires to be repeated. Please keep in mind, the system will not allow scheduling the next lesson unless all tasks in the current lessons are completed with a grade of 3 or above. Please see the performance grading scale below:
- Once the grading is complete, both instructor and student must sign with their unique pin in order to save and close the lesson.
The sequence of grading is very simple:
- Dispatch Flight
- Curriculum Tab
- My Dashboard
- Logbook Icon
- Logbook Entry
- Save & Grade Lesson Button
- Instructor and Student Enter Pins and Save
Instructions to Review Student Progress
- From the drop-down menu under the Curriculum tab, click on “Active Courses”
- You can now see the active courses available
- Click on the course that the student is enrolled in. On the left side of the screen, you can review any lessons in the course. On the right side of the screen, you can see the enrolled students. Click on the student to review their progress.
- The student’s curriculum page shows the courses they are enrolled, the date they began, their logbook, their reports, and their progress.
- The Records Icon lists the student’s lessons, along with their attempts at each lesson and completion status.
- The progress Icon shows a graph of the student’s lesson progress
- See the lesson key below that can help you understand the progress graph